Oh Hey! So in this previous post I blogged about how I created a customized velvet lined jewelry box from a plain scrapbooking storage cube. I wrapped up this project by doing a fun mosaic pattern with pieces of scrapbooking paper decoupaged onto the exterior. The cherry on top was to add some fun multi-colored nobs to replace the plain boring ones that came with the scrapbooking storage cube. Here is a small gallery of pictures!
For the full tutorial watch the video below! Here is a list of the supplies I needed for this project.
- Storage Cube (but you could do this project with anything like a canvas or poster or whatever!)
- Scrapbooking paper in coordinating colors
- Mod Podge (I used the Hard Coat variety to give it durability)
- Mod Podge Squeegee
- Paint Brush
- Blow Dryer (to make each coat dry faster!)
- Coordinating Drawer Pulls
Use your imagination – this mosaic technique could be applied to almost anything! Hope you found this inspirational!